Data protection notice
Your data is in good hands at Winkhaus. We only process your data if you have given us your express consent to do so, a contractual basis exists or if the relevant acts permit or require data processing. The following data protection notice encompasses both the currently applicable legal framework of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will not sell your data or pass them on to third parties outside the Winkhaus Group under any circumstances.
Below, we wish to provide you with detailed information on the handling of your data.
1. Registration and processing of personal data
If you use our Winkhaus Partner Portal and would like to place an order in it, you will first have to register with us and give your personal data so that you can use the portal and conclude a contract.
We use what is called a double opt-in process for the registration. This means that your registration will only be completed once you have confirmed your registration by clicking a link in a confirmation E-mail which is sent to you for this purpose. If you do not confirm within 30 minutes, your registration will automatically be deleted from our database.
Mandatory information needed for registration and contract processing is marked separately; other information may be provided voluntarily. We process the data which you enter for registration and for handling your order. To do so, we may transfer your payment data to our principal bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Letter b of the GDPR.
2. Contact information and company data protection officer
This data protection statement applies for data processing by
Aug. Winkhaus GmbH & Co. KG
August- Winkhaus- Strasse 31
Tel.: 02504 / 921 – 0
The company data protection officer is available at the above address and number or at email@example.com.
3. Description of data subject groups and the relevant data or data categories
The data subject groups affected by the data processing are business contacts of Winkhaus, specific contacts of our customers, service providers and partners.
The relevant data category is the required contact information (surname, first name, title, company, where applicable department, telephone no., email address).
4. Recipients or categories of recipient to whom the data may be communicated
All employees who are assigned internally to fulfil the intended tasks are recipients of the personal data. In the event of payments, banks receive the necessary information.
5. Duration of storage or control deadlines for data deletion
Commercial and tax regulations require us to save your address, payment and order data for ten years.
If you unsubscribe from the Winkhaus Partner Portal, your access data to it will immediately be deleted.
The order process is SSL-encrypted to prevent unauthorised access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data.
6. Your data protection rights
If you withdraw your consent, data processing that took place while your consent was still in place remains unaffected. Data is stored until you withdraw your consent. In addition to the right to withdrawal, you have the following rights if the relevant legal requirements are given:
- Right to information on your personal data stored with us,
- Right to correction of incorrect or completion of your data,
- Right to deletion of your data stored with us or, if statutory storage obligations exists, right to restriction of the processing of your data,
- Right to data portability, i.e. release of the data stored about you in a structured format as well as
- Right to complain with a supervisory authority.
- Under the requirements of Article 21(1) GDPR, data processing can be objected against for reasons that arise from the particular situation of the person concerned.